Friday, October 12, 2012

Toast to Elise and Kory Elise and Kory! Yesterday was your wedding and what a splendid wedding it was! Everything was perfect. The ceremony and Saint John the Baptist Church were beautiful and the reception was at a gorgeous country club. Everyone had a great time. A few of Kory’s more inquisitive relatives asked me what Elise was like as a child. This is what I told them. When Elise was about four years old, she told me that she wanted click shoes. I was not quite sure what click shoes were, until I realized that high heels made a clicking sound on a tile floor. So my daughter wanted high heel shoes at the ripe old age of four. She wanted to grow up in a hurry. As she grew older, I realized that Elise would be learning how to drive my car soon. I’d better warn the neighbors! She asked me to teach her how to drive. I said sure and I made a mental note to call my auto insurance agent to increase my collision coverage. Elise did not pass her behind-the-wheel exam on the first try. But she didn’t give up. In fact, she never gave up on ANYTHING no matter how difficult. And that brings me to Kory. Kory – do you know how tenacious my daughter is? Do you know that she views any problem as a challenge, and she will not stop until she conquers that challenge? OK. Message delivered. Now just don’t shoot the messenger! Elise and Kory! May you be blessed with sons and daughters of your own. And for your daughters, here is my advice. Don’t buy your daughters click shoes until they are teenagers, and if they want to learn how to drive, the neighbors always appreciate a warning. Everyone, raise your glasses in a toast to Elise Miranda and Kory Lee Kutchmarek!

1 Comments:

At 11:48 AM , Blogger pjwould said...

Hey, I found you! Who knew?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home